Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Very First Post!



My name is Chelsea. I live with my handsome, Liam and our two silly cats. Their names are Filmore & Mosely. We live in an old house built in 1928, in the vicinity of Coventry Village in Cleveland Heights Ohio.

I have been in love with vintage clothing for as long as I can remember. I know, that's what everyone who loves vintage seems to say, but it's true. I remember driving around Cleveland with my stylish Gram Helen and my mom in my gram's old olive green car. I don't remember what kind of car it was, but it was something from the '70s. It was her first and only car. She learned to drive in her 40s. She was the most stylish woman I've ever personally known. She always raved about meeting Elvis when she was young and 'really somethin.' Oh, she was a hoot!

So we would go out to the 'antique district' in Lakewood to hit all the great shops. Some were snooty and overpriced, but some were really great. I would try on shoes and dresses and ask my mom to buy plenty of them. I wish I still had some of my little old dresses. I remember a white eyelet mini dress that I wanted more than anything but it had a stain, so my mom bought it and we put salt and lemon juice on it and sat it out in the sun. It magically came out like new.


Selling vintage clothing wasn't maybe what I thought I would be doing at this point in my life. I thought I'd be off at Bard College, studying literature, and creative writing. (I consider myself to be a writer above all else. My poetry is very profuse.) BUT...my heart changed course, and the money wasn't there. I can say though that I am glad that I am doing what I'm doing. I'm reminded daily of my little but important impact on the world--giving garments new life, a new set of memories, a new set of lives to be cherished and remembered.

Hope you will enjoy my little updates here!

No comments: